The Acrocanthosaurus is a large, playable carnivore in Beasts of Bermuda. It's one of the slowest carnivores in the game, only being faster than the semiaquatic Ichthyovenator's terrestrial movement speed. However, it has a decent damage output and bleed, in addition to its ability, to counter it. It also has the highest health and size. The Acrocanthosaurus is a superb ambusher due to its high damage output. It is the carnivore most capable of hunting the huge Apatosaurus and the swift Parasaurolophus.
Acrocanthosaurus remodel is coming soon! Get ready Acrocanthosaurus Players!
- Acrocanthosaurus is able to inflict terrible bleeding wounds on its opponents. Bleeding is a status effect that damages health, comfort, and raises injury damage. This allows the Acrocanthosaurus to engage in persistence hunting, wearing its prey out over long distances while they succumb to blood loss. A skilled Acrocanthosaurus can fell even the largest of creatures, so long as they are not allowed to recuperate.
- It has also an Intimidating Roar, similar to the Parasaurolophus, which for 50 ability power causes the target to lose a percentage of its stamina, and reduces its damage output by a percentage. The effect continues to stack as more roars are used. This effect lasts 18 seconds and then expires, resetting the cost of the Intimidating Roar and the amount of stamina lost.
- The Acrocanthosaurus is the second strongest carnivore in the EA release, after the Tyrannosaurus. It makes up for the lack of power to Tyrannosaurus with superior stamina , meaning it is able to pursue a wider variety of prey over long distances as well as able to stack bleed on prey.
- The Acrocanthosaurus is capable of doing a small jump that costs significant stamina. It serves the only purpose of allowing the Acrocanthosaurus to avoid getting stuck on small ledges or rocks in certain areas, granting little other utility.
- The Acrocanthosaurus has a very mild amount of weather resistance and must take refuge from intense weather.
- It also has a fast metabolism and must eat regularly to avoid starvation.
- The Best Trees are Damage And Speed! Survival is good if your a solo Acrocanthosaurus! You can do a mixture of both! You do you!
- Find a pack! You do more damage a group than a solo!
- As an Acrocanthosaurus you need to play safe, go in and out of the fight whenever you get the chance.
- Be careful! Acrocanthosaurus is easily ruined by heavy brusiers such as Saichania and Tyrannosaurus .
Pros and Cons
- Acrocanthosaurus has one of the best abilities in the game! Use it to your advanage!
- Decent speed for a large carnivore of It's size.
- Deals Bleeding Damage, which makes your enemy not heal for a certain amount of time.
- Decent turn radius.
- Incredibly abusable as a solo Acrocanthosaurus.
- Stamina drains fast (Only for Survival and Combat!)
- Weak in 1v1's against other creatures of your size.
Prior to the game's early access release, there was a very powerful Acrocanthosaurus known as the Demon Acro, which patrolled the temple on several retired maps. It was extremely powerful and guarded the secrets of the temple. It has been removed from the game.
The Glimmer Acrocanthosaurus, a donor-exclusive skin, is shown in the two screenshots below.