The Megalosaurus is a playable carnivorous creature in Beasts of Bermuda. It is a fast predator that can chase its prey for long distances with the help of its hefty stamina. Such prey include the Parasaurolophus, Velociraptor and Ichthyovenator, as well as most juvenile creatures.
The Megalosaurus can detect the amount of health a nearby creature has. This lets the Megalosaurus properly decide whether a hunt should be initiated or not, as the health of a creature can determine if a fight will be easy or rough. Additionally, the Megalosaurus can invest talent points into the ability Identification to further enhance its ability to detect, further revealing their stamina, comfort and even ability power. With such knowledge of its prey, the Megalosaurus can easily capitalize on their weakness.
Pros and Cons
+ Can reveal the information of its prey
+ Decent damage
+ Good runner
- Vulnerable to larger predators such as the Acrocanthosaurus
- Primary Attack: A large, outward bite. It deals good damage and has a moderate rate of attack speed.
- Secondary Attack: Same as the Primary Attack, except it makes the Megalosaurus bite downwards instead of forwards.
Unique Attribute: The Megalosaurus possesses an enlarged amount of stamina, having been granted 110 instead of the default 100.
- Special Ability: The Megalosaurus can gather the information of its prey. When the Ability Key is held down, a cursor will appear on the screen. When this cursor is pointed at a creature, it will be identified, allowing the Megalosaurus to see its stats. This ability consumes ability power.
The Megalosaurus is far from an apex predator. It is threatened by predators much more larger and dangerous than it, such as the Acrocanthosaurus and the Tyrannosaurus rex, as well as the Mosasaurus if near a large body of water.
- The Megalosaurus is the second most popular predator in the game, with the first being Tyrannosaurus rex.
More information is available in the Megalosaurus Spotlight Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTrG5RvCDCg&t=1s