Difference between revisions of "Message of the day"
(Created page with " ;As a server host, you can add a message of the day for your server, that will be shown to the players upon logging-in. = Message of the day file location and formatting =...")
Revision as of 22:47, 8 September 2019
- As a server host, you can add a message of the day for your server, that will be shown to the players upon logging-in.
Message of the day file location and formatting
If you wish to use the Message of the Day feature, you need the following:
- - In the server's configuration file (see Dedicated Servers), set "bDisplayIntroMessage" to true.
- - In Game/Config add a new folder called Server, in which you must create a file named MessageOfTheDay.txt.
You are now ready to write the desired message of the day.
Formatting the text file
Note: Currently, only very few formats are supported. More will be added with time based on demand.
If you wish to keep the default formatting, there is nothing but text to write. If you wish to use different colors and text styles, you will need to use formatting.
- Available formats are as following
- - Red writing <red>This text is red!</> will appear red.
- - Green writing <green>This text is green!</> will appear green.
- - Outlined Green writing <green_outlined>This text is green AND outlined!</> will appear green and outlined.
- - Blue writing <blue>This text is blue!</> will appear blue.
- - Outlined Blue writing <blue_outlined>This text is green AND outlined!</> will appear blue and outlined.
- - More to come.
Every format must be gated between < and > and the format must be closed with </> as following <Text format>This is my formatted text</>'