Beasts of Bermuda currently has two piscivorous creatures. They are the Elasmosaurus, the Ichthyovenator and the Pteranodon. Piscivores specialize in eating fish.
Elasmosaurus Consuming Fish
- A piscivore is provided with twice the food value from eating fish that a non piscivore would be granted from consuming the fish.
- Piscivores also are able to highlight fish for a few seconds using their call for significantly easier visibility.
- Piscivores are mechanically adapted to catching fish more easily. The Elasmosaurus in particular is profoundly adept at catching fish, as its long neck and head will seek out and grab any nearby fish automatically if the player initiates by pressing Primary Attack. A development blog post was created on this topic here.
- The Ichthyovenator is also very capable at catching fish, particularly with the use of its dart ability.
- Fishing with the Ptera is much more difficult because you have to dive under water and peck at the fish knowing that you can only spend a few seconds in the water.
- Non piscivorous creatures will lose comfort over a long term if they consume too many fish. For every two hunger gained from eating fish as a non piscivore, the player will lose one comfort bias. This is currently the only method a player has of dropping their comfort bias.
- Non piscivorous creatures are often very poor at catching fish. They can do so by swimming down to where fish are and attempting to bite the fish. It is deliberately a very nonideal means of obtaining food for non piscivores.
A flock of fishing Pteranodon.