The Elasmosaurus is a playable aquatic creature in Beasts of Bermuda. Though it does not possess the high health and damage of the Mosasaurus or the Kronosaurus, it is an incredibly fast swimmer, and uses its speed to escape danger in a moment's notice.
It is piscivorous, meaning it specializes at eating fish. The Elasmosaurus can consume fish with ease thanks to its very long attack range. Finding fish is not a problem for it either, as it can reveal the location of fish from far away by holding down the scent key.
Despite its diet and tendency to flee from danger, its capability to fight should not be underestimated. Its long attack range and high speed allow it to poke and dodge its opponents, and it even has the ability to grab and drown prey in a similar fashion to the Mosasaurus. This makes it a prominent enemy for other piscivorous creatures such as the Pteranodon and the Ichthyovenator, as the Elasmosaurus can best them in water-based combat in order to compete for the availability of fish.
Pros and Cons
+ Grows fast
+ Long attack range
+ Can detect fish from far away
+ Decent fighter
+ High Speed
+ Has access to the Baby Snatcher talent
- Low health
- Low hunger
- Can die from beaching
Unique Signature Attribute: The Elasmosaurus has an automatic aiming system, so it will always strike its targets when they are within its attack radius.
- Secondary Attack: A long-range dash that causes the Elasmosaurus to briefly rocket forwards at incredible speeds, which can be used jump out of the water (though caution is advised doing this near beaches as the Elasmosaurus might hit the ground and become beached). This is very similar to the Mosasaurus' secondary attack.
- Special Ability - Baby Snatcher: The Elasmosaurus must unlock this talent in order to utilize it. Once unlocked, it will be able to grab smaller creatures by holding the ability key next to them. As the victim is held, Ability power will slowly deplete (meaning you cannot hold them forever), and you are not able to attack the grabbed victim. However, you can drown the victim by dragging them deep underwater.
Unique Attribute: By using the scent key, the Elasmosaurus will highlight fish from far away, making them much easier to locate.
The Elasmosaurus is also susceptible to being preyed upon by the Mosasaurus and the Kronosaurus. However, The Elasmosaurus is faster and has more stamina than the two, allowing it to dodge their attacks and, if needed, defend itself by retaliating back. Nonetheless, the Elasmosaurus is better off escaping, as one bite from a large predator can be an immediate death sentence for it.
- It is currently the only creature that has an auto-aim mechanic.
- The Elasmosaurus of Beasts of Bermuda is incredibly similar to 19th century depictions of Elasmosaurus, having a snake-like neck and the ability to crawl on land. In reality, its neck was incredibly stiff and it never left the ocean.
- Creating the Elasmosaurus and transforming it into a practical creature for gameplay was an extremely difficult endeavor, mostly due to the programming for its neck.