The Mosasaurus is a playable aquatic creature within Beasts of Bermuda. It was the first aquatic animal to be added and the first to receive a remodel (and other much-needed tweaks pre-release).
The Mosasaurus is able to grab most creatures that it is larger than (excluding most growth stages of Apatosaurus). Creatures larger than this threshold cannot be grabbed unless the player utilizes talents. Many creatures that cannot be grabbed by a juvenile (0.4 or under) Mosasaurus can (eventually) be grabbed as the Mosasaurus grows in size.
The biggest rival of this creature is the Kronosaurus, an equally strong predator which competes for the same food source.
- Primary Attack: The Mosasaurus bites, using ability power.
- Secondary Attack: The Mosasaurus grabs the nearest grabbable creature (see above) at the cost of ability power and stamina. Subsequent uses of LMB (or whatever the primary attack is assigned to) damages the grabbed target. Simply holding a creature drains the Mosasaurus' ability power, regardless of thrashing. Struggling by the grabbed creature will also drain the ability power of the Mosasaurus.
- Third Ability: The Mosasaurus dashes forward, consuming ability and stamina. This ability is extremely similar to the dash abilities of Elasmosaurus, Ichthyovenator, and Lurdusaurus.
- Kronosaurus is much heavier than Mosasaurus and tops it in terms of raw damage, but is slower.
- While the Kronosaurus is adept at hunting other aquatic creatures, Mosasaurus is meant to rely mostly on terrestrial prey.
More information is available in the Mosasaurus Spotlight Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRBIyEnj-KU&t=