The Apatosaurus is the largest playable creature in Beasts of Bermuda. Being big, however, requires a big appetite, and so the Apatosaurus must consume vegetation at a very frequent rate. It can only eat trees once it reaches adulthood (0.8+). It also must drink huge amounts of water, and this sometimes causes it to completely drain water sources. Thanks to its immense bulk, the Apatosaurus has the highest amount of health and damage in the game, as well as being able to attack from any angle with incredible knockback using its tail. This discourages most predators from attacking it, letting the Apatosaurus live a generally peaceful and undisturbed adult life.
The Apatosaurus has the highest weather resistance of any non-aquatic creature in the game. Most storms do not phase it. An adult Apatosaurus' main concern during a large hurricane should be rising water, as the creature is not a good swimmer. It is recommended to get to high ground before the storm starts to escalate, as the Apatosaurus is also very slow.
- Primary Attack: The Apatosaurus rears up, then stomps the ground, severely damaging nearby creatures or killing them instantly. You cannot move whilst performing this attack.
- Secondary Attack: A tail whip attack, which is much more potent than its stomp attack. This attack should be the primary means of defense for the Apatosaurus. Hold Rick Click to coil up the Apatosaurus' tail. When released, the tail will shoot forwards and crack like a whip, dealing incredible health damage and heavy knockback to anything it hits. Keep in mind that for every second the tail is coiled up, ability power is drained, so don't hold it on for too long or you might end up draining too much ability power!
Unique Attribute: The Apatosaurus has two unique attributes.
1. when the Apatosaurus walks, its huge footsteps knock nearby creatures out of its way.
2. the Apatosaurus is capable of walking backwards. This is to prevent attackers from hiding under its hind legs, which are not in range of the whip attack. Walking backwards will cause them to be knocked back and into the range of the whip attack. In order to walk backwards, a player must toggle the crouch keybind.
- Implementation of the tail-whip mechanic was allegedly one of the most difficult mechanics to program.
More information is available in the Apatosaurus Spotlight Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Av8hodDntk