The Lurdusaurus is a playable herbivorous creature in Beasts of Bermuda. Despite being a herbivore, it cannot properly digest the foliage found in mountains and fields - in fact, it gets food poisoning from doing so! Instead, the Lurdusaurus is semi-aquatic, and must submerge itself in large bodies of water to locate and consume its favorite food: aquatic plants.
Since it can move on both land and water, the Lurdusaurus can escape from terrestrial predators by plunging into the water, or from aquatic predators by climbing back onto land. However, fleeing from predators is never its only option, as the Lurdusaurus is deceptively strong. It can severely injure its foes by striking them with its spiky feet protrusions, as well as a powerful stomp that can inflict massive injury. As such, the Lurdusaurus is an excellent choice for players who seek an offensive, mobile herbivore.
Pros and Cons
+ Fast swimming speed and decent running speed
+ High damage
+ High health
+ Can be hard to catch
- Needs to eat quite frequently
- Easily spotted by aquatic predators
- Primary Attack: The Lurdusaurus jabs its foot spike forward. It deals high damage and has a slightly slow attack speed.
- Secondary Attack: Two different attacks depending on if the Lurdusaurus is walking or swimming. When on land, it performs a stomp attack by raising up its front feet and slamming them back down, dealing huge damage, but should be used with caution due to its large delay time. When in water, it darts forwards, instantly damaging creatures along the way.
The Lurdusaurus has to eat quite frequently, meaning it will have to enter the water a lot. This opens up multiple opportunities for the Mosasaurus and Kronosaurus to hunt the Lurdusaurus for food. Another problem with this frequent eating is that a herd of Lurdusaurus will quickly consume entire patches of aquatic plants, which will force them to be on the move for new areas, leaving the water and onto land, where large, hard-hitting predators such as the Tyrannosaurus rex roam.
- For some humorous reason, the Lurdusaurus is capable of gaining food from eating fish. Some players have even played as a strictly fish-eating Lurdusaurus for fun.