The Auroraceratops (also known as the Auro) is one of the AI critters that spawn on Isla Titania. It primarily serves as a source of food in terrestrial habitats for small or medium-sized carnivores. The AI has mediocre speed and frequently broadcasts calls to alert other creatures to its presence.
Players can temporarily transform into an Auroraceratops by interacting with its shrine hidden on the Isla Titania map. Upon interacting with the shrine, the player will spawn as an Auro with a random skin, have the ability to grow, and will have access to a talent tree similar to that of the Oryctodromeus. All AI characters, including the Auroraceratops, cannot be saved and will be deleted upon logging out.
As a playable character, the Auro is a herbivore that feeds primarily on small plants, anthills, and tubers that it can dig up while burrowing. It must also consume salt, or else it risks developing a diet deficiency and becoming sick. Like the Ory, the Auro has the ability to burrow and create tunnel networks.
- Default: LMB (Left Mouse Button)
- A peck attack that deals a small amount of damage.
- Sand Attack
- Default: RMB (Right Mouse Button)
- An attack that kicks sand up into your opponent’s eyes to blind them, disable their jump, and slow their sprint speed by 40% for the duration of the effect. This also disables flight for pterosaurs.
- This attack has a diminishing return, lasting 50% its normal duration on the second Sand Attack, and 25% its normal duration on the third. After three Sand Attacks in a row, the target is immune to the effect for 18 seconds.
- Default: Z
- Allows you to create a burrow entrance. Burrow entrances cannot be created too close to sea level, too close to a water source, or in rocks/caves. You can dig out tunnel nodes by right clicking, and replace dirt by left clicking. By default, 1x1 burrows can only fit juvenile creatures, other Auroraceratops, Oryctodromeus, and adult Velociraptors. However, you can expand your burrows to fit larger adult creatures.
- While burrowing, you may dig up various edible items and decorations. You can even farm edible items, if you wish.
- Your tunnels can be connected with other Auros' entrances and tunnels, allowing for some extremely advanced burrow structures.
- Burrows are entirely weather-proof, save for floods. If the water rises to meet your tunnels, you will be safely teleported to your most recently used burrow exit.
- Active burrow entrances can be scented and identified by their small plumes of purple smoke. An active burrow is one that's been used within the last 8 minutes.
- Burrows will completely despawn after 72 hours of inactivity. To reset this timer, any Auro must dig out a tunnel node inside the burrow.
- If your tunnels are completely blocked off from any burrow entrances, you will receive a massive comfort debuff (Stale Air) from the lack of oxygen circulation.
- Auroraceratops does not have a sleeping animation, but it is still able to lay down to restore its health, stamina, and ability power.
- Auros do not have animations or sounds for the submissive (4-call) and distress (5-call) vocalizations.
- Auros have access to the Nest Raider talent, which allows them to more easily locate eggs, but it cannot eat broken eggs.